Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rank High in Google for Almost any Word in 45 Days or Less

Do you want to know how Google ranks websites - if so, you have come to the right place. I have been ranking my and customers websites for highly competitive keywords related to their businesses for the better part of the last four years.

The Truth is that no one knows for sure how Google ranks websites in their search results (some people claim that there are about 300 signals they look at to determine websites rankings).

Looking at things that way means that it is almost impossible to crack Google code is not it. In reality we do not have to know all these signals even though if we think hard and long enough we can figure them out.

We do not need, because there are only two things we need to look at to decide whether we can break it into top 10 in Google or not. Before I continue, I want to share something with you to help you better understand Google rankings.

Google is pretty good in figuring out the theme of a website just by crawling the content of it. If you do not believe me - build a website, get it indexed and use the Google Keyword Tool to see what the search engine thinks are the keywords that best describe its content - you will be amazed.

The problem is that Google can not decide between two websites on the same topic which one is better based solely on their content. That's why they have to take into consideration other things to make the right call.

Such a very important thing is the number of links from external websites, pointing to a website. Each link is considered a vote, so all other things being equal the website with more votes will always win.

Pay attention to what I said - all things being equal. The truth is that if you are just starting out you are in disadvantage. No matter what keyword or set of keywords you are targeting there are hundreds or thousands of websites that are going after them as well.

So how do you know if you have a shot at getting into top 10 Google results when you are just starting out?

Depending on whom you ask the answers will vary, you can even hear that it is impossible. Judging by my experience working with clients - it is possible, and I have done it time and time again.

When I am about to attack a competitive niche with a brand new site the first think I do is to look at the top ten sites. I do not care how old they are and how many back links they have at this point. I want to see what their page rank is. What I am looking for is website with page rank 0 or 1.

If I find one I know that I will be able to get to the first page in Google for that keyword in a reasonable amount of time. In my experience if the number of competing websites is less than 1,500,000 I can do it in about a month and a half.

I am sure at this point your question is How do you do it, correct? The answer is very simple - I do it by building backlinks to that particular website.

All I need to know is the number of links to the website with PR 0 or 1. If I can build more links than them I know I will rank above them. Yes, it is that simple, believe it or not.

How do I build those links?cWell, I can talk for days on this topic, and I will do it in my upcoming articles. The main thing to remember is that you need to have a lot of links from different ip addresses and different platforms.

There are many ways to do so, but for starters - I use article marketing. That is writing and distributing articles on different topics to different article directories like ezinearticles.com.

All these article directories are located on different servers with different ip addresses often all around the world.

The downside of this approach is that writing different articles and distributing them is a time-consuming process.

However, if you are just starting and have no money to spend that is the best way to start building links to your website is to manually set up accounts on different directories and start publishing your articles.

As I said - it is a time-consuming process, but luckily there is a way to be automated. There are article submission tools out there that can save you a lot of time meaning that you can build and rank more websites in less time.

This type of software creates accounts on article directories (in the range of 1000-2000 directories) and validates them for you automatically (just think how much time you will need to create accounts on 1000 websites). That's not all - they allow you to spin your articles so you can send a unique version of the article to each article directory.

Last but not least, the software automatically sends the unique versions of the article to the article directories and checks which ones have been published.

As a result - you get hundreds of links to your website in a matter of hours all coming from different ip addresses giving the Google the impression that your website is a very popular one. One that gets links naturally from different websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment